COMING TO A THEATER NEAR YOU

When I was at that movies this weekend, I saw trailers for movies I didn't care about, movies I can't wait for, and those inbetween. Some, I still don't care about, but I was surprised by some that I had written off. So I decided to discuss those that interested me.


Zookeeper
Release Date: July 8th 2011
L
Looks like the classic boy has a shallow girlfriend, boy loses said girl, boy tries to get girl back movie. The difference with this movie? Kevin James and talking animals. Kevin James is a zookeeper who thinks about changing jobs to get his ex-girlfriend back. The animals want him to stay, so they decide to break their silence and help him get her back. The dialogue could make or break this movie, but the animals look freakin’ adorable and Kevin James is hil-ar-i-ous. The more previews I see, the more I want to see this movie. I just hope the studio held back some of the funny scenes for the movie.









Captain America
Release date: July 22nd 2011

So far, I’ve seen all the movies leading up to The Avengers (scheduled for release in 2012).
Hulk - Ok
Iron Man 1 & 2 – Great
Thor – Awesome
Captain America - ???
I’ve seen snippets and I’m not impressed. A soldier in red, white, and blue uniform battles alongside regularly dressed soldiers. Not too amazing.
Today I saw a longer trailer. I have to say, I’m more impressed. Seems Tony Stark’s Father is involved with making Capt. America. A scrawny guy, Steve Rogers, gets turned down for enlistment in the army. He then volunteers for an experiment to make a super soldier. This film just got way more interesting to me. Now the wait is on.




Straw Dogs
Release date: September 16th 2011

Another movie I wasn’t excited about. I always figured I’d see because Alexander Skarsgard (Generation Kill, True Blood) stars in it. I like James Marsden also, but not enough to run to the box office. The synopsis just didn’t grab me. A screenwriter moves with his wife to her hometown in the Deep South. The locals and ex-boyfriend start to stir up trouble and the couple have to fight for their lives. Then I saw the trailer. Wow, the filming, directing, and acting shown appears much better than the written scenario. This is one I definitely will see.










Cowboys and Aliens
Release date: July 29th 2011

What can I say? Director Jon Favreau, Actors Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde, Sam Rockwell, Clancy Brown, Walton Goggins, and Keith Carradine. What could be bad? Well, ok, we’ve seen big budget films with well-known actors flop in the past. I doubt this will be one of them.
Arizona Territory, 1873, a stranger with no memory and an odd wrist shackle stumble into a town that doesn’t welcome him. Then, something about aliens grabbing people and fighting ensues. C’mon, it’s Jon Favreau and Daniel Craig. This promises to be a fun journey discovering who Craig’s character is with lots of action and stuff blowing up. It’s Jon Favreau; there will always be some comedy along with the absurd. That’s what makes his films great.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Something to Muse About and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.