Day 4 SDCC 2014: The Strain, Chuck Palahniuk, Supernatural, and The Following


The saddest day of San Diego Comic Con has arrived. It's closing day, time to get any last minute purchases, that shirt you've been eyeing all weekend, see that special guest that you keep putting off, or grabbing that graphic novel that you saved just enough room in your suitcase for.



Before checking out of our hotel room, it was the final morning to stand in line for signings. There was no camping out the night prior, even this girl needs an occasional sleep in an actual bed. First up, as normal was the WB line with its animation heavy lineup. Teen Titans Go!, Supernatural, Scooby Doo! Frankencreepy, The Following and Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon.



Next we headed over to FOX. Now FOX had run into some issues with their Saturday signings. The cast of American Horror Story arrived late, or ended early. I'm not sure, but I do know that a lot of people missed out on their signing even though they had tickets, so FOX made it up to them by offering the signing of their choice from Sunday's offerings. FOX only had three: Sons of Anarchy, The Following, and The Strain. Nearly every person chose Sons of Anarchy, even though Charlie Hunnam was not going to be present.



The last signing that had to be obtained was Chuck Palahniuk, since I failed miserably the day before. I arrived at the Dark Horse booth first, but that didn't give me a better shot at the raffle. It took about six tries to get a winning bead, and ticket into the signing.



Signings obtained I did head back to the hotel to pack up, ship off some goods, and check out of the hotel. Supernatural was the first signing on my agenda. The boys are my favorite Sunday stop. I'm really not sure what I'll do when Supernatural ends. Misha was well, Misha crazy and hilarious. Jared teased, and Jensen drew on his poster crotch when I noticed where he was intent on signing. Mark Sheppard and EP Jeremy Carver were also in attendance.



The show is getting ready to start its tenth season, and I cannot think of another show that I am more happy that has hit that milestone. These guys are as great off screen as they are on, and they're so good with their fans. They're always a joy to chat with. Jeremy is seriously brilliant, and the writer of some of my favorite episodes, I cannot wait to see the new season of Supernatural.



The cast of the Strain was up next. I haven't read the novels, but I adored the Graphic Novels from Dark Horse. The story translated to the television medium beautifully and I've really been enjoying recapping the episodes. Not only did The Strain bring Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan, EP Carlton Ruse, but the entire cast: Corey Stoll, David Bradley, Mia Maestro, Sean Astin, Kevin Durand, Jonathan Hyde, Richard Sammel, Miguel Gomez, Ben Hyland, and Jack Kesey. I was so excited I forgot to take pictures during the signing and had to face the masses to try to capture a few shots.



Straight from the Strain, Dark Horse was the next stop. Giant blown up banana in hand I was ready for Chuck Palahniuk. He spotted me before his publicist and came over for a quick hug and hello. His publicist came and collected my banana and books as only the poster offered at Dark Horse could be signed during the actual signing. And did I mention Fight Club 2? That's the poster that both Chuck and Cameron Stewart who will be the artist of the new graphic novel. Lots of goodies coming out of Dark Horse.



I closed out my con with the lovely people at FOX and the Following. It's honestly not a show I watch (The lovely Jenevia does the recaps), but the cast boasts some amazing talent. The Following brought Kevin Bacon, Shawn Ashmore, Sam Underwood, and Jessica Stroup, along with creator/executive producer Kevin Williamson and Eps Marcos Siega and Jennifer Johnson. Kevin Bacon is a legend, and yet he's so humble. I adore both Ashmores, and Shawn is just delightful. With the Following signing done, so ended my 2014 Comic Con. It's been fun, but I could use some sleep.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Something to Muse About and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.