Captain America: The First Avenger (Chris Evans)


photo by: OMGwire.com
photo by: OMGwire.com

I finally got to see 'Captain America' starring Chris Evans a couple weeks ago, it was released July 22, 2011 but I was attending the San Diego Comic Convention that whole week, so forgive me for this late movie review. I didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did but I really did enjoy it. The time era in which the story takes place is nostalgic (1942), and the story really does have a story line, setting period is the time of World War II. The main character Steve Rogers, is frustratingly declared unfit for military service due to his sicklyness and underdeveloped size. But soon his life takes a turn when he meets Dr. Erksine, who chooses him for Secret Project Rebirth. He chose him not for his courage, but for his ability to have courage, extraordinary courage at that. Rogers eagerly agrees to the experiment and his meek body is quickly enhanced and transformed into the perfect superb soldier. He is tall, he is muscular, he is fast, much more handsome and stronger than he ever dreamt he could ever be. Soon  the German science division known as HYDRA, and it's masochistic head of this department named Johann Schmidt aka Red Skull believes that Dr. Erksine's project threatens them for this war between Germany and America. So what does he do? Well he sends someone in to infiltrate the Americans and spy on their success, and when it's been reported that in fact the experiment is indeed a success, Erksine is assassinated.
photo by: OMGwire.com
photo by: OMGwire.com
Steve Rogers is then left a man to represent America for propaganda, selling everything including war bonds to promote the war. He then is forced to perform in USO shows for the fighting military men and pretty much degrading him and misusing his special abilities as a super soldier. But when his fellow comrades need him after being held prisoner Rogers follows through by successfully proving himself the 'Captain America' he truly is by rescuing them as a spy under the codename 'Captain America'. Ah so that's where he really got the name. With his bravery and keen sense of power and abilities, Rogers then sets forth with a new and improved unit to go after Schmidt and sabotage his plans. And thus the war begins between Captain America and The Red Skull. 

The story was entertaining and had me wanting more after it ended, but wait ...this is after all a Marvel comic book made onto the big screen so you know what that means. YES......the thing that Marvel is best known for at the end of their movie credits.....THE EPILOGUE! And what an epilogue it was, I got so excited because it was THE trailer for the new 'Avengers' movie out next year! OH My God is all that I could say after watching Nick Fury (aka Samuel L.Jackson) appear only to give me goose bumps as Steve Rogers was asked to join forces with him and his special team that consists of Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Hulk and Ironman. Yes this is just the beginning of yet another epic Marvel comic movie sensation. Will it be turned into a trilogy as most of these movies have been? Lord I certainly hope so!

The courageous & sexy beast Chris Evans aka 'Captain America'
I just received my official Captain America 27x40 double sided theater poster in the mail today (for only $10 + S & H on Amazon! What a steal riiight? ) and it inspired me to write this review. I hope you will watch it and be thoroughly amazed by the CGI graphic effects that were used to reverse his already awesome hard body to the small and meek body he began from, and the special effects which for this movie were well needed. I for one will definitely purchase the bluray when it is released in the stores. Here's a photo of my poster I hope to get signed by Chris Evans himself someday to add to my wall of fame!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Something to Muse About and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.