Kim Harrison Pale Demon Signing

Kim Harrison was in Sacramento yesterday and we have the pictures to prove it. Lovely as always, she was willing to spill a little about her series without being too spoilery.

First up, she showed off the cover of her new graphic novel, Blood Work, seen on the left. It will be the first of two, possibly more all told from Ivy's point of view. It takes place during the golden year when Rachel interns under Ivy, and good news for all the Kisten fans, which I happen to be a huge one, he'll be back. Well not really back, since these take place before the Hollow novels, but he'll be in the graphic ones, and we'll catch a glimpse of him in the tub. Yum! Can't wait!

Trent and Rachel. There's been talk in the past that Kim has said that there was never any chance between Trent and Rachel, and if you've read Pale Demon you go what a minute I thought she said...? Well, last night she said "I have never, ever, ever said that there's no chance between Trent and Rachel. I've never said that." Well that little rumor can now be put to rest.

But she did say that the series was winding down to it's close. Right now it's at nine books with Pale Demon, and at the moment she has only twelve planned. She has everyone's happy endings in sight, although she did say that Rachel's won't be the normal romantic ending with a white picket fence and 2.5 kids, but it will be happy. Even Al's happy ending is in the works, though his will be a little more tricky.

I'm still wondering why there weren't more Al questions. As always someone asked how to say Al's name, and its origin. It's Al's a liar and a reptile. Al-ga-lia-rept. But no one mentioned the fact that in the past she's always hinted that Al wasn't interested in Rachel, he was more a teacher, but maybe it's just me, but there was definitely a moment in the last book, where he was more. And I'm not just talking about the kiss. But maybe that would have opened the door to too many spoilers.

One last Hollows items she did touch on was the Pixies. Someone asked if we were ever going to find out why the Pixies get pulled back to reality from the ever after when the sun comes up? "I don't know, that surprised me when I wrote it. I wasn't expecting that to happen. But there are a lot of things that I wasn't expecting to happen. But I hope to, and if I can find a clever way to make it work, I will, if I can't I'm going to pretend I never said it."

And I'm sure we'll pretend right along with her, just to stay in her good graces.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I've seen her at a couple of signings and got her to admit that killing Kisten was a bad idea and alienated fans- so I felt validated about that. So Charlaine only has a couple of Sookie books left and now Kim is wrapping this series up (she has said she would give Rachel her happy ending- a couple of years ago she was coy about the Rachel/Ivy relationship). So what will we do, then??? I've been rooting for Trent for a while. Loved Kisten, but didn't think they were a good match and Pierce irritates the heck out of me, so glad that that looks done. And she's been making Al a lot more likable and even Newt. And I only wanted to smack Rachel a couple of times while reading (to tell her to shut up and listen or just get a freakin' clue!) so that's progress, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story has sort of evolved on Kisten's death. Now she says it as either Kist died or the series ends and she chose the series. Plus his death caused Rachel to grow up. I'm not sure she "grew" per say but I was glad that she didn't just turn him into a douche so that they'd break up because I loved loved loved his character, even if I don't think Rachel was worthy of him. The bridges of Eden park short story broke my heart a little. I think she's moved on from the RachelIvy romance, because let's face it, they may be great characters but I'll say it even though I may get hate mail for it, their pairing would have been disastrous. Ivy is too needy, Rachel too whiny. And Trent I love him almost as much as I love Al, have always loved both from the start, but I don't think ether end up with Rachel. But I have to agree I hate Pierce. I know this series is almost over, and Sookie Stackhouse is almost done, makes me kinda sad, but frees up some time for all the other books I've been putting off reading.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2013 Something to Muse About and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.