Benjamin Ingrosso: Melodifestivalen's Biggest DC Fan

Photo: Lizel Strömberg (ZEL Photography)

I've interviewed Benjamin Ingrosso numerous times. When you have repeated opportunities within a close period of time to ask a public figure questions of which the answers will be distributed for public consumption, it's good to find ways to mix things up a bit instead of repeating the same questions again and again. The entire genesis of Benjamin and I getting along and striking up a camaraderie was in the lead-up to Melodifestivalen 2017. I had done a bit of browsing through his social medias as part of my research and preparation for the new season. Upon discovering he had posted a tweet comparing Batman suits between Batman v Superman and Justice League (which hadn't been released yet) I was incredibly excited at the prospect of having a fellow-DCEU fan to interview, even if the majority of the questions I'd be drafting would naturally be pertaining to the matter of music and Melodifestivalen.

I met Benjamin for the first time in Malmö, the city at which he'd be competing in his semi-final. I was introducing myself to his publicist, as I'd never met anyone from Ten (his label) before. They proceeded to introduce me to Benjamin and he was all smiles and friendliness, exactly how he comes across in the other interviews I've posted with him. The first question out of my mouth was, "Are you a fan of the DCEU?" His face lit all the way up and he excitedly exclaimed that he was and we began chatting away about our shared love of the universe.

So upon returning to cover Melodifestivalen 2018 and he was set to return, I decided to compile the photos I had gotten since we'd last met during Melodifestivalen 2017 with various creatives involved with the DCEU, such as Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins, The Batman director Matt Reeves, and none other than Ezra Miller. At one of the press conferences, I decided to have him react to the photos, knowing it would be good content since he's so expressive and free with his emotions. It went over even better than I anticipated.

Watch the full video here:

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Something to Muse About and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.