Alycia Debnam-Carey & Colman Domingo Discuss "Fear The Walking Dead" Ahead Of Season 2B Premiere


For those of you that might not have been keeping up with my social media postings, I did one-on-one interviews in London with "Fear The Walking Dead" cast members Alycia Debnam-Carey (Alicia Clark) and Colman Domingo (Victor Strand) about a month ago for UK-outlet MYMBUZZ. Among other things, Alycia shared about the physical challenges of playing Alicia as the show has begun to embark on a more traditional apocalyptic route.

“There was one episode where we were on sand dunes and I remember having to run up sand dunes for hours, and just thinking, ‘When will this end? My legs are so sore!’”

Speaking with Colman Domingo was an absolute pleasure, particularly when I steered the conversation towards the topic of media representation.

“I don’t even think the intention was for it to be a character that we haven’t seen before or a character that would eschew certain tropes. I think that they were just building this character of, ‘What is the strongest character for this show?’ I don’t even think that Victor Strand was meant to be African-American at all. From what I know with the showrunner, the intention was that the character, it’s written, it’s in the language, and whether he is white, black, Asian, or other, I think Victor Strand possibly could have been a woman, or gay, straight, you name it. But I think that’s the cool thing about it. All I can do is try to be honest and sincere, and work hard, and try and bring something complex that people respond to in some way.”

To watch the full interviews, tune in to the videos posted to MYMBUZZ's YouTube channel:




0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Something to Muse About and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.